Be part of our New North Team!
New North Church is a thriving congregation of people on the San Francisco Peninsula. The Finance Manager will provide leadership within the Finance and Operations (FinOps) Team in the areas of budget, donor management, banking management, financial analysis and reporting, expense reconciliation, and developing processes and systems as it relates to the aforementioned. This role works closely with the FinOps Team, accounting provider, and the Deacon of Finance, and reports to the Lead Pastor. The Finance Manager is a part-time position, up to 20 hours a week, with the potential to become a full-time position.
$45 an hour
Number of hires for this role
View more details
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide leadership to and manage the day to day financial operations of the church.
• Overall budget management in coordination with the Executive Director, including annual planning, and follow-up with ministries as needed.
• Oversee expense approval and reconciliation.
• Manage counting of donations.
• Donor management administration, including oversight of annual statements.
• In kind donation management.
• Banking and loan management.
• Oversee bookkeeping and accounting relationship with accounting provider
.• Oversee check distribution with accounting provider and the Executive Director.
• Provide weekly, monthly, and ad hoc financial reports.
• Work with accounting provider, the Executive Director, and the Deacon of Finance on financial planning and strategy.
• Develop financial processes and systems.
• Oversee CMS and online payments management.
• Oversee key financial components of New North’s Generosity Campaign.
• Unbudgeted and/or ad hoc projects and budgets as determined by the Lead Pastor and the Board of Elders.
• Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ; desiring to grow in His love and knowledge.
• Agree with the mission, vision, values and doctrinal statement of New North Church.
• Highly adaptable.
• Detail-oriented and highly organized.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong people and presentation skills.
• Superb planning and project management skills.
• Able to balance multiple priorities and work independently.
• Proven track record of effective leadership, judgment, and above reproach character.
• CPA certification or a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
• 5 years of experience in financial analysis.
• Experience in church finance, or similar faith-based or nonprofit organization.
• Requirement is to be primarily onsite and not remote.
• Will need to work a handful of Sundays throughout the year (“high seasons”)