Be part of our New North Team!
The Technical Director will assume the ownership, oversight, and responsibility for all audio, video, and lighting for New North Church services and special events. New North Church is looking for someone who is eager to train and develop volunteers and others throughout the church to further the technical and production ministries while being open and willing to execute creative ideas throughout services.
Based on Experience and abilities
Number of hires for this role
View more details
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Services & Event Production
• Provide and maintain a high level of excellence in all technical aspects of the weekend experience.
• Facilitate and execute weekend worship services from the technical side in conjunction with the Worship & Creative Pastor.
• Direct oversight of all components of production on the weekend and special events — including audio, video, lighting, stage design, and production management of all areas of live events.
• Oversee system management for production gear owned by New North Church.
• Recruit and train volunteers in all technical areas for weekend services
• Assist in the Spiritual Growth of members on the production teams
• Oversee onboarding (and off-boarding, when needed) of volunteers
• Communicating needs and requests to volunteer team along with reporting back volunteer experience to staff
• Develop and oversee communication to the technical team
• Help plan and run events for worship/tech teams
• Develop Teams to oversee all tech during services at New North Church.
• Support all areas of ministry like Students, and Kids ministry by helping train and develop volunteers in those areas of ministry.
• A deep, evident love of Christ, Church, and Kingdom that shapes all aspects of their life.
• An ability to lead at a departmental level, overseeing the care and development of staff and volunteers.
• Experience mixing in both FOH and Broadcast Audio
• Ability to troubleshoot problems that may occur during a worship service and efficiently recover the service.
• Experience in teaching others to develop technical skills
• Experience or willingness to learn production/technical skills that are not yet acquired
• Organized, reliable, and demonstrating a great work ethic and integrity
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience in a church environment is a plus
• Ability to work on multiple tasks, be flexible and work with little supervision
Some experience in the following would be preferred.
• Blackmagic Video Systems
• Experience in SDI and NDI networks
• Online Live Streaming Experience
• Lighting Networking
• Audio Networking (Dante & Madi)
• Grand MA Lighting Systems
• Broadcast Cameras
• Waves LV1 Consoles
• RF Management
• Any experience in integration with live production systems is a plus